Great game. Thanks so much for detailing how to access both regardless of which platform we buy them from. Now I've finished all routes I can definitely say this is one of my favourite BL VNs.
I always play my least favourite character first to get them out of the way, but they happened to be so cute, I was as surprised as the MC was to actually grow to really like his angry lil self haha
I also found the bodyguard endearing from the beginning and loved the blind mage. Both are very pretty and amusing.
Below I will review the pros, cons, bugs, accessibility features, and suggestions for improvement.
- Disabled character,
- Voice acting,
- Interesting characters and really beautiful scenes,
- Complete gallery
- Plenty of save file spaces, and you can save at any point,
- 18+ and PG options without story content lost,
- Steam and itchio included when buying on both platforms,
- Detailed instructions on how to get copies on both platforms from each purchase,
- Long demo available,
- No log option to read anything you've passed, which is sometimes needed,
- No characters of colour; the only potentially non-white character was a demon,
- No Steam achievements,
- Auto speed doesn't account for the voice acting so sometimes cut out the words spoken, (lack of a log made this worse),
- Fighting scenes sometimes had bright white flashes and backgrounds during text display. The flashes do not require an epilepsy warning thankfully, however the brightness can trigger neurological conditions in people with light sensitivity like myself, especially the prolonged backgrounds,
- Sometimes the sound would skip/loop 6-10x during transitions; this usually happened when going from basic descriptions to someone speaking. While usually it loops music, on one occasion, a certain erm
moaningnoise, was looped, which was pretty funny tbh.
- Emotive partial voice acting,
- Skip buttons; Slower skip for skimming text, & Quick skip for jumping to the next action option,
- Adjustable text speed and for the auto speed,
- Sound adjustments available separately for music, Special Effects & voice acting,
- Text is clear with a simple font and good contrast,
- Option to remove bright flashing; consider a faded or pastel background for prolonged backgrounds so reading is easier,
- Provide trigger warnings for; non-consensual sex, slavery, child abuse,
- Use (or have an option for) dyslexia friendly font,
- Address bugs for transition looping and auto cutting out speech,
- In future work I would suggest a more diverse background would enhance your work. Whether it's different body types, trans men, or POC. Including a disabled character was a great start.
I would recommend this game! Thank you for this work and I hope my suggestions help.